Monday, February 13, 2012

Monday Praise Party

Psalm116: 12-14
How can I repay the LORD for all his goodness to me? I will lift the cup of Salvation and call on the Name of THE LORD. I will fill my vows to the LORD in the presence of all His people.

Good Monday!!!!

Hallelu-Jah, He allowed us to see another week begin. Thank You.

Like many others, I am shocked by the passing of Whitney Houston this weekend. We know Whitney has been on a collision course for a while , but what saddens me is the amount of people who are focusing on just that part of her life. Whitney was a mother, a daughter , a cousin , a friend , a mentor, and yes she was someone's G-ddaughter. A church member, a neighbor.  A beautiful woman. An everyday person   with a excellent talent that led her into celebrity. What shocks me even more is the number of people who have been delivered and redeemed by G-d from some of those same isssues who seem to have forgotten from where G-d has brought them. " Well in the end, it got her. She shoulda left that stuff alone.  What a waste. I dont feel sorry for her , she was dancing with the devil.  Look at how she looks! Too bad"  And so forth and so on.  I'm sick of hearing it, especially from those who say they are Christian.

At some time in your life have people said things like that about you? Are they even now speaking spirit-killing poison as you are trying to keep your head up?  They sure have said stuff like that  about me, but the Most Merciful G-d in His Kindness pulled me out of the troubles I was in( and yes there were many), but the Glory is He did not save me to forget. I make a great effort not to remember in bitterness, but He did not save me so I could pretend to be too HOLY to recall those painful times. He delivered me to remember that some still struggle and He is counting on me to help them make it through. Just like He is counting on you.
Whatever you may be going through right now , whether is recovery , re-entry, joblessness, homelessness, serious illness, divorce , whatever, stop and praise G-d because  He is allowing you to see the process of deliverance. And once you get there worship Him and thank Him  by helping some one else make it out . The only way to do that is to be real about everything. Don't get so high and holier- than- thou that you forget to look where He brought you from.
For this week I want you to assess where you are In Christ. If you have been delivered  and are out of struggle, Hallelu-Jah! But its not over yet.Now look around you and see who you can encourage. For those of you who are still travailing, the Word for you is also Hallelu-Jah! Release that praise into the atmosphere every time you think about it or feel pain so that some loving spirit who has experienced your pain can find you and help you through.
Prayer- Precious Father , You Who are too wise to ever make a mistake , You Whose Mind is so great that it is unsearchable , please hear our prayer.Father , help us to never forget that we are placed here to bring Glory to Your Name. So many are struggling to find a way out of pain Lord.  I know that You hear their cries. Let us who truly love You be sensitive to the needs of your People and never haughty and stiff-necked , forgetting that we too once vowed  "Lord if You get me out of this".  Anoint us to be like Your Servant Joseph who did not foget his brothers in the famine  but provided for them so that they would see the blessing of their Father become  reality. Help us Lord to be obedient to Jesus when"He said ," if your brother needs you to walk a mile with him ,go with him two.Help us never to forget the past because to forget is to repeat. In Jesus' Name we pray. Amen
PLEASE- I need your comments on the blog. Right beside Posted By Norma Fogel at (time) 0 comments. click on comments,a text box will appear . Write your comment and then click Publish. Thank you so much!
Be encouraged! Dr Norma

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be encouraged or be an encourag-ER! Share your comments , questions & experiences here.